Seeking to contribute my experience, analytical and management skills in an IT technical role.
Advantech Inc, Annapolis, Maryland April 2016 – June 2021
IM/IT Planner, Coordinator & Installer
Managed and coordinated the planning, acquisition, installation and transition of medical and non-medical IT equipment for the initial outfitting and transition operations for U.S. Army Medical Facilities, and Veteran Administration hospitals and clinics. Created procurement packets, matching customer requirements with equipment technical specifications. Managed the receipt, assembly, installation, technical inspections, testing and training for the equipment and systems (existing and/or new). Imaged and deployed desktops and laptops using DoD protocols and IM/IT department instructions and guidelines. Provided transition and relocation planning and execution for reused computer assets. Installed and configured conference room sound and video equipment, including cameras, speakers, microphones, video monitors or projectors and projection screens. Provided guidance and recommendations for moving data centers from the old locations to the new locations.
- Managed the deployment of over 1,500 different line items for IT and IT related medical assets.
- Planned and established a lab with a capacity to image and deploy 120 computers a day.
- Imaged and deployed 420 desktops and 260 laptops within a week.
- Lead the effort for the Data Center migration to the new hospital on Fort Irwin, CA
Insight Global, Richmond Virginia March 2015 – December 2016
Asset Manager/Inventory Specialist, (Contract to Serco/VDOT)
Managed the Virginia Department of Transportation’s electronic assets and inventory for five Transportation Operation Centers across the state. Managed the Safety Service Patrol inventory and stock levels. Ensured efficient delivery of products and services for the client. Expertise and work efforts were focused on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives, needs and the general business environment to solve logistical problems. Developed and implemented client's logistical policies and procedures.
- Managed $4.2 million inventory consisting of 40,000 assets and 3,500 inventory line items
- Successfully transitioned all assets within 3 months after others have tried for 2 years
- Improved data collection and reporting processes to achieve 100% accuracy each month
Peak Systems Inc., New York, New York April 2013 – November 2013
Provided inventory, refresh, deployment and disposal of desktops, laptops, mobile devices and associated peripherals for WellPoint Inc. Singularly responsible for one building where I configured deployed 2,100 computers and 400 printers within the 8-month contract.
- Managed 5,000 assets, valued at $260K, during the process of replacing 2,100
- Replaced all the server room components with minimal disruption to on-going activities
- Improved the installation and testing processes which made deployment faster
JES Technical Solutions, Chester Virginia April 2012 – March 2015
Owner, Senior Technician
Provided technical support serving home and small business PC and MAC users. Responsibilities include all aspect of technical support by maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals. Responsible for maintaining detailed records on supported customers.
- Managed over 200 customers including 23 small businesses.
- Planned and updated 2 hospital server rooms and Com Closets to replace antiquated equipment.
- Managed the installation and maintenance of security systems for 5 Hospitals and 8 Businesses.
Evolver Inc., Reston Virginia April 2009 to April 2012
IT Asset Manager/Helpdesk Lead
Managed hardware, spare parts and software for multiple Government agencies. Accountable for compliance with internal policies and vendor contracts for procurement, deployment, maintenance, repairs, and disposal. Using Maximo, procured IT assets by leasing them from various vendors, bringing the organization from zero to 15,000 assets. Managed the assets during the project to accomplish the organization's main objective. Disposed of all the assets by returning them to the leasing companies or disposal by direct sale.
- Planned and built four Data Collection Centers and computer networks for the US Census Bureau.
- Ordered, received, stocked, deployed and maintain records in the IT Asset Management System.
- Set up and managed the IT Helpdesk at the four data collection centers.
Innovative Logistics Techniques, Inc., McLean Virginia February 1996 to April 2009
Project Manager responsible and accountable for the managing projects directed toward strategic objectives for client. Managed the technology, people and changes in order to achieve goals, reach targets, and deliver projects on time and within budget. Managed client relationships through direct and formal reporting that complimented a respected and productive relationship. Drove projects by leading by example and motivating all concerned until the objectives and goals were met.
- Define business requirements to ensure the client received process improvements
- Initiated and planed projects by establishing format, direction and baselines
- Coordinated with clients to achieve goals, reach targets, solve problems, and mitigate risks
U.S. Army, Various Locations July 1979 to August 1994
Senior Logistics Manager
Held various logistics positions in automotive maintenance, facility, IT, asset, and supply chain management.
Central Texas College, Associate Degree, 1988